followers

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Where Is This Place?

I woke up a little while ago in an unfamiliar place. I looked like a park, except the grass was black and red with a checker pattern to it. I could see large buildings in the distance, in the shape of chess pieces. The sky is a weird orangish color, with purple clouds. Who ever created this messed up world has no sense of color coordination.

I got up and checked my belongings. I still had my backpack, which contained my book, laptop, a couple boxes of granola bars, and half a bottle of vodka. I'm saving that for late, I'd rather be sober while I investigate this place. I was also still wearing my hoody, which was unzipped for some reason, exposing my mouth.

I immediately noticed that my vision wasn't working. I was limited to human vision. I tried summoning my arm-blade next, but nothing happened. I couldn't fade either. My powers were gone. Most of them anyway. The only thing I had left was the mouth.

And the next thing that happened to me was really bizarre. A bat started talking to me.

"Greetings, competitor," It said to me.
"What the blazes!?" I exclaimed. "Why are you talking to me? How are you talking to me? Where am I? What's going on?"
"The Game Master has brought you to his Board," It said.
"The Game Master?"
"Yes," It replied. "You and 99 other competitors will be taking part in a grand tournament."
"What kind of tournament?" I asked.
"A fighting tournament," It explained. "Every one here will be your opponent. Your goal will be to kill or at least defeat anyone you come across in battle."
"Sounds brutal," I said. "And what if I refuse?"
"That is not an option," It said.
"Is it necessary to fight all of these people?" I asked.
"Some of the people you meet will deserve no less than demise," It said. "As for the others, you are aloud to make alliances with the other competitors. But remember that there can only be one winner, and in the end you must fight those you call your friends."
"Any other rules I should know about?"
"Try to avoid any structural damage," It said. "Your enemies are the competitors, not the environment. There are also those here who are not competitors."
"How will I tell them apart?" I asked.
"Those in the deck wear special masks in order to distinguish themselves," It said.
"The deck?" I inquired.
"They are the Game Master's servants," It replied. "There are 54 of them total."
"Sounds a lot like poker," I said. "Lt me guess; 13 spades, 13 clubs, 13 heart, 13 diamonds, and 2 jokers. Does that sound about about right?"
"Yes," It said. "If you harm any of the deck, you will be considered and enemy of the Game Master, and you will be eliminated."
"Sounds fun," I said. "Anything else?"
"That is all," It answered.
"I have one more question," I said. "What happened to my powers?"
"This world possesses some unique properties," It said. "Those you enter have their eldritch energy suppressed. You will regain your abilities eventually, but for now they will be heavily restricted."
"How long do I have before I get them back?" I asked.
"I cannot say for sure," It replied. "I must go now. The Game Master calls for me."


So yeah, I'm stuck in some sort of distorted alternate dimension to fight a bunch of people I don't know. I'm lucky there's internet access here. I'm not sure how it's linked to the outside world, but I'm beginning to regret several things. First off, Beta offered me information on this "Game Master" and I passed it up. Now the Game Master has me in It's grasp, and it would have been really helpful to get information on this thing in advance. Also, there's the fact that I have no weapon. I lost my wakizashi during the battle of the Demi-Gods (which is what I have decided o call the battle from my previous post), plus I can't summon my arm-blade anymore. That makes me unarmed.

I'm royally shagged, aren't I? I'll try to update as much as I can, but I don't know how often that will be in the middle of a tournament. See ya later, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment