followers

Saturday, May 19, 2012

First Battle

It was a couple hours after I met that bat that I found my first opponent. And boy, was our battle intense. There was barely any dialogue. As soon as he saw me, he drew a knife from his belt and charged at me. I tried disarming him, but apparently he's had training because he counter my attempt and cut up my left arm a bunch of times. I realized the predicament, and tried to get away. I figured that if I could put some distance between us, I could use my tongues against him. No such luck. He chased me down pretty persistently. He ended up stabbing me in the rib cage. I don't think he got any of my vitals, but I'm still alive now, so that's a good thing.

I eventually broke away from him and ran inside a Rook-shaped building. He chased me all the way to the top. He cornered me there, backing me up to the ledge. I thought I was dead for a second there, but something I wasn't expecting happened.

His body began to spaz out wildly. He was coughing like crazy, and his skin turned green. It was then that I realized what he was. He was an Oathbreaker. I had carelessly left my hoody unzipped while I was running, and he realized who I was. Like the last Oathbreaker I met, he had injected himself with some kind of poison while he was chasing me. I guess he thought he could mess me up even more by tricking me into eating him, but I guess his body couldn't handle what he had taken. He stumbled backwards and nearly fell, barely saving himself by grasping the ledge with one hand.

I walk over there and stared down at him. He looked up at me desperately and begged that I save him. I just stared at him for a second before I decided what to do.

"Go to hell," I said to him. He looked back up at me, stammering pathetically. I lifted one of my legs up and added "And when you get there, tell the Faceless Bastard I said Hi."

Then I stomped on his hand. He fell to that and made a lovely little splatter upon impact.

Then I decided it was time to treat my injury. I removed my hoody and  the shirt underneath it. I wrapped the shirt around my arm as a make-shift bandage and tied the hoody into an improvised sling. This leaves my mouth completely exposed, but I don't really care any more. I'm in the middle of a tournament, I can't be worried about my appearance right now.

After that, I went to the ground level and raided the guys corpse. I kept the knife, as well as a few full syringes. I have no idea what's in them, but they might be useful.

I'm gonna go now. Never know who's waiting around the next corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment