followers

Friday, May 4, 2012

Slender Man

This is Malkator. I read the post that Hiroshi made. I don't mind much. I would've told you all that eventually, although I'm a little disappointed that he let that part slip about my book.

That proxy I capture is unconscious at the moment. I'll interrogate him once he wakes up. 'Til then, I suppose I'll tell you a little bit about the enemy. You might already know most of it.

I'm going to discuss the Slender Man, Phobic Representational Entity #1. He is the most powerful of all the Fears. He may give the illusion that he is weaker, but this is nothing more than a ruse. The truth is that he holds back his power.

He has the appearance of a tall man, with no hair and no face, wearing a business suit. He is able to grow additional limbs, either arms or tentacles, which uses to scare or in some cases kill his targets. He often targets young children, and he has had several cults who would worship him and give him sacrifices. Some time ago, a girl named Mary Gallagher, the daughter of some cultist, interfered with one of the Slender Man's sacrifices, which outraged him. Slender Man has been much more active since then. Mary is perhaps the first, and only person to bear witness to the Slender Man's true form.

Slender Man also possesses great telekinetic and telepathic powers, strong enough that he can bend humans to his will. He has many types of servants, but they all fall it to one of 2 categories; the Willing and the Hallowed.

The Willing are those who choose to serve Slender Man. The proxies who were waiting outside the neighbors house to kill their daughter were all Willing. Most of those guys are dead and devoured now, and the only survivor is currently chained to a chair, so the neighbor is safe for now.

The Hallowed are those who have been brainwashed by Slender Man. They have no memories, and they are pretty fuckin' stupid from what I've seen.

There is also a branch of Willing who I call "The Enhance". These are people whose physical capabilities have been increased by the Slender Man. The Enhanced should not be confused with Revenants. Revenants think they have super powers, but it's actually just a hallucination That Slender Man causes as some kind of cruel joke. The Enhanced really do have super powers, so be careful. Fortunately, they're few in number.

No matter what category they fall into, all proxies have a small amount of eldrich energy flowing through their bodies. It's a bit of a side effect of working with evil Shaq. That's why I eat them. By consuming them, I can absorb the energy from them and become stronger. If I absorb enough, I'll eventually become a full-fledged Fear, but there's no telling how long that could take. I managed to eat one of The Enhanced once, and I got a pretty big power boost from it.

Slender Man can also warp the fabric of space and time. It's unknown to what extent he can use these powers.

He also generates EMP fields. This allows him to interfere with all kinds of electronic devices. Many believe that these fields are always present when he is around, but that's not true. He does have control over them. We're lucky he hasn't used this power to set off all the worlds WMD's.

His domain is the Path of Black Leaves. The name is a bit misleading. It's not just one path, but a whole forest full of paths that branch and twist and turn all throughout the forest. All the leaves are black, and somewhere in the forest is a tree known as the Bleeding Tree. It is several times larger than the other trees in the forest, and it has a face growing from the trunk. It has many dead bodies hanging from the branches, and as the name implies, it bleeds. There are many mysteries surrounding the tree, but I'll discuss them later.

Something you need to remember about Slender Man is that, should you ever encounter him, do not charge at him with a samurai sword. I made that mistake a week ago and the headache still hasn't subsided. I'll tell you guys the details later. For now, I'm gonna go wait for the dumbass to wake up so I can question him.

7 comments:

  1. Quite a few of the Fears would disagree with your statement about Slendy being the most powerful. I mean he is definitely one of the most powerful but I'm pretty sure any number of these fears are as powerful if not more.

    The Quiet

    The Empty City

    The Deep (if it exists)

    The Archangel (Aka The God damn afterlife and essential Nemesis of Slendy)

    EAT

    and while I agree that his minions are pretty crappy The Plague Doctor is probably one of the most dangerous.

    Just saying.

    I would mention The birds but they aren't and since they got themselves beaten by Slendy they can't really argue that.

    They do have the best Servants though.


    Also so what you're a good guy helping The Humans but at the same time you're attempting to become a fear yourself? You are aware that's a little contradictory right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I could be mislead. After all, I got all that intel from the Archive, and they've given me plenty of reasons to mistrust them.
      I agree with most of you've said above, and I really hope I've seen the last of Plague Doctor's activity in this town.
      I'm also aware of the contradiction of me becoming a Fear to fight the Fear's, but it wasn't my choice to become like this. It's the archives fault.

      Before I go, I'd like to say that I'm flattered to see the most infamous of the Nests has commented on blog.

      Delete
    2. I'm hardly the most infamous. The Witch of Gatlinburg is undoubtedly The Most Infamous.

      I'm just the most active I guess.

      Also I've never know The Archive to be wrong. Except maybe when they claim not to be Blind Man Servants. However I'm pretty sure they would never say that Slendy is the most powerful. Unless this is a different Archive.

      Delete
  2. I'd just like to say that The Beast of Rapture does kinda support your "most powerful Fear" theory. At least, until I remember all the other really powerful Fears on there.

    In terms of more relatable examples, Faceless is right with his list. Especially EAT, god, people underestimate her a lot.

    AND ALSO, the Archive isn't necessarily wrong; they're just not exactly in everyone's, uh.... what would the best word to use be? "Universe." You can also look to the Topography Genera Center for information on Fears, though their Blog Management Committee seems awfully busy lately. And then there's always the aforementioned Rapture, which is quite extensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do we even know which universe we're in? I think I've gone cross-eyed...

      Delete
    2. You don't! Just don't instantly assume every mention of Fears applies to you. Or else we're gonna be here all night.

      Delete
  3. I am incredibly offended.

    That tall punk isn't stronger than me. I'll wipe the floor with him as soon as I've pulled my self together.

    ~The Liar

    ReplyDelete