followers

Friday, May 25, 2012

Collector Epsilon

I have a lot of news for you today, my readers. And by "My readers" I mean "The Dying Man".

First off, more of my powers have returned. My vision's range is maxed out now and I can summon my arm blade again. I'm also starting to grow a second blade on my other arm.

The we ran into the proxies. I recognized two of them as the proxies who were accompanying O'Zalia before the Battle of the Demi Gods. They didn't seem like they wanted to fight.

The woman wearing the butterfly mask stepped forward. So need I. We stood there for a moment before she spoke.

"We've been sent to assist you," She said.
"And why should I believe that?" I asked.
"You can trust me," She insisted.
"Remove your mask," I ordered.
"What?" She asked.
"Remove your mask," I repeated. "Then I'll believe you."
"But-"
"Remove the mask, or else," I drew my cutlass, "I'll remove it myself."

She removed it. I suppose I could say I was shocked to learn her identity, but that would be a lie. I've been suspicious since I first saw her before the battle.

"Why!?" I demanded. "Why did you join him!?"
"I didn't have any other options," Collector Epsilon said. "If I didn't join Slender Man, the Martyrs would have killed me."

I had to physically resist the urge to slap her. I was mad. Actually, that would be an understatement. We argued for quite a while. I don't remember the full details of it, but I almost punched her in the face. I managed to calm down after a while. Now their travelling with us, but Eight says they can't interfere with any fights unless another competitor attacks them.

Also, O'Zalia and Ren are both in this tournament. Assuming they don't kill each other, I might get a chance to settle the score with both of them.

I'm scared. Not of the tournament, not of the Game Master, not of O'Zalia and Ren. I'm scared of myself. Myrir is right. I'm changing. I'm becoming more violent and dangerous. I've been trying to deny it, but it gets harder with each passing moment.

3 comments:

  1. I knew it would be interesting when the mask came off. I was kind of hoping you'd murder her in a violent rage then be all mopy and atoning for the next little while.

    I like depressed people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always know how to cheer me the f@&k up.

      Delete
    2. I assure you that is far from my intention.

      Delete