followers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Delicious

Good news. My powers are coming back. Slowly, but surely, I'm regaining my strength. I can see farther now. I can't see through things or see destiny yet.

I encountered a nest earlier. Almost died. I'm not the only one who's getting his power back. The Rocs had regained some of their lightning. And I now know how painful electricity is. I managed to eat them all, but a few of my tongues were fried in the process. I'm not gonna lie; They tasted like chicken. The nest wasn't nearly as yummy.

I had to take a break after that fight. Then some guy showed up. 'Bout my age, jet black hair, wearing a tattered and burnt jacket, with a glove covering his left hand. He was also wearing a fanny pack. I thought he was going to ambush us, but surprisingly enough, he decided to help me. He had a bunch of needles and thread in his bag, which he used to sew up some of my wounds. He also used some disinfectant on them, which stung like a bitch.

"Who are you?" I demanded.
"The names Andrew Miles," He replied.
"You're not an Oathbreaker, are you?" I asked.
"What the hell is an Oathbreaker?" He responded.
"You're kidding, right?" I asked.
"They're the servants of the Plague Doctor," Algeria told him.
"Oh yeah," He said. "That does sound kind of familiar. I assure you, I'm not with them."
"You don't know much about what's going on, do you?" I asked.
"I don't really know about all the Fears," He said. "I know a lot about the Archangel, the Slender Man, and the Convocation, but I'm not all that familiar with the others. Speaking of the birds, that was some nice work you did on that nest. I'm impressed."
"Thanks," I replied.
"You're Benjamin Malkator, right?" He asked.
"How do you know about me?" I demanded.
"I've heard rumors about the Demi-God out to eliminate the Fears," He told me.
"My reputation precedes me," I said.

So now he's an official member of the group. He was interested to learn that there was internet access here. As soon as I told him, he asked if he could send an email to him girlfriend (yes, he has a fanny pack and a girlfriend). I told him I could spare a little bit of battery life for that, so I handed the laptop over to him. And then something weird happened. When he gave it back to me, I checked the battery. It was fully charged. It was only at 52% when I handed it to him. What. The. Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment