followers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hacked.

What in the hell do you mean by that, Beta? I'm in check, am I? We'll see about that.

For those of who who didn't read that comment on my last post, an Archivist going by Martyr Beta hacked my account and made a threatening comment.

I guess you've all figured it out now. I was in the Archive. The Blind Man (who I called "Aqualung" until the Liar corrected me) erased my memories when I was young. I forgot it all. My past, my family, I even forgot my own name. I was taken into the Archive shortly after, and they started training me to become a Collector. When I was about 13, My mentor with the Collectors decided to bring me on an Intel gathering assignment it what turned out to be my home town. Someone there recognized me and called me by name. I ignored them and continued on the assignment. I managed to push that memory to the back of my head for several years.

When I was seventeen, I had changed my profession from Collector to Martyr. Delta was my mentor. I hated him, but he was the closest friend I had in the Archive. One night, I dreamed of that day when I heard my real name. I wanted answers. I wanted my identity back. I asked every one I thought might have answers. I even went as far as to confront the Blind Man. He didn't tell me anything. He never talks to anyone. At least, not from what I know.

When I was eighteen, I decided I couldn't take it any more. I had forgotten the first half of my life, and spent the next half serving the bastard who stole those memories from me. I was fed up, and I started to make plans to do the unthinkable; I was gonna steal back my childhood. The Blind Man records all of the memories he steals and stores them away in the catacombs. My plan was to infiltrate and steal that book. But I needed a worthy weapon in order to do it. I had my wakizashi, but I needed something better.

That's where the experiment came in. I'm not sure which experiment it was. The Archive carries out a lot of experiments. This experiment was to try and convert humans into fears. They've done this several times, using different methods. This one involved a knife. I don't know how the Archive pulled it off, but they somehow infused this knife with a shitload of eldrich energy. They pricked people with the knife to try and pass the energy onto them. Of course, it failed every time. The humans always overdosed on energy and died gruesome deaths. I decided to steal the knife they used and stab anyone who got in my way.

I'll spare you the details of my infiltration. It's all kinda fuzzy, to be honest with you. Delta and a bunch of other Martyrs were sent after me. That bastard ended up cornering me in an alleyway. We had a brutal fight. He ended up disarming me and gutted me with the knife. I thought it was over. But apparent God was on my side. I don't know if it was divine intervention or something more sinister, but that wound that Delta inflicted on me mutated into a giant mouth. I don't know how it happened. I don't know why it worked, why I survived, why I became stronger. But I was glad it happened.

I stood up to see Delta with his back to me, holding my book. The rest of the Martyrs were gathering around him. I killed them all, except for Delta. He fled. It was my turn to corner him. Our battle took place in an abandoned warehouse. Cliche, right? I could see the fear in his eyes. He was terrified of what I had become. So was I. When I looked at him, I saw his destiny. I saw his demise. I saw the warehouse collapse. I saw him become impaled by a falling rafter.

I don't know why I intervened. I shouldn't have. I shouldn't have saved him. I should have let him die. Maybe Slender Man's right. Maybe I'm to softhearted to be a Fear. I saved him, took the book, and faded away. How was I to know he'd come back into my life?

That boys Foster parent is Delta. I need to keep a closer watch om him. But what about tomorrow? Hiroshi has that appointment with what might be a Mad Doctor. I promise him I'd accompany him in case something happens. I suppose I could ask Ren or Reika to watch the kid for me, but I already owe them so much. What should I do? I need help.

Why am I even asking you people? So far, my only readers I know about are an insane Nest and a piece of the Dying Man. As if either of you are willing to help me out here.

I'm so friggin' stressed right now. I wish I could get drunk, but apparently I'm immune to alcohol. I gave up on getting wasted halfway through the second 40, so Hiroshi and Reika decided to finish it for me, and they're both ridiculously lightweight, and started shagging in the next room. Crazy Japs. By the way, I only make fun of their asianness because they make fun of britishness.

I confused. I guess I'll sign off and stare at that 12-year-old some more.

7 comments:

  1. You've just given out classified information. Your punishment will be twice as severe.
    It's still your turn. Hurry and decide which pieces you wish to move.

    -Martyr Beta

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I know your password? It's not like you've gotten any less predictable in the past 2 weeks.

    -Martyr Beta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can't be...
      Is that you, Delta?

      Delete
    2. With the way your life is going I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

      Honestly you're life is as predictably cliched as The insane nest you mentioned earlier.

      He was totally in love with the original owner of this account by the way. It was so cute and pathetic.

      Course then he killed me...

      Oh well no harm done.

      So anyways how about you just go slaughter the entire Archive I'm sure you can do it.

      Delete