followers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

It's Technically Tomorrow

I just got back from my stake out at the hospital. I didn't run into any trouble while I was there. I just sat at a bus stop down the street at stared through the walls for a while. I saw the Oathbreaker symbol in several of the offices. That confirms my suspicion. The worst part is that Hiroshi has an appointment there in a couple days to have his arm looked at. I'll have to go with him in case something happens.

While I'm here, I might as well explain the Slender Man incident. It was just over a week ago, and about a week after I got my powers (that's a story for another day). I "persuaded" a Willing to tell Slender Man to meet me in the Empty City. I guess he got the message, because he showed up behind me while I was doing recon in the City. I was standing at the top of a building looking at the surroundings when he appeared with two Willings and an Enhanced.

"I am Tobias," The Enhanced said. "I will serve as the Master's mouth."
"Fine with me," I said.
"Why did you summon me here," He asked.
"I have something important I need to discuss with you," I replied.
"What information does the Archive have that they wish to share with me?" He asked.
That pissed me off. "I'm not with the Archive!" I shouted, more at Slender Man than anyone else. "I've cut my ties with them!"
"It doesn't matter," He said. "What is it you want me to know?"
"It's about chess," I said.
Slender Man simply cocked his head to the side in a questioning manner without saying anything.
I decided to continue. "I rarely start with the Pawns like most people do. I usually start with the Knights, then move the Pawns in a way that will allow me to move the Queen and Bishops to the front line. I'm a rather eccentric chess player. I would willingly sacrifice my Queen to protect my Pawns. And oddly enough, my tactics tend to pay off."
"Where are you going with this?" He asked me.
"I'm entering the Grand Game," I told him.
"Is that so?" He said.
"I'm not a Fear," I replied. "Not yet, anyway.But that won't stop me from getting in on the Game."
"And what does your chess strategy have to do with this?" He asked.
"I won't be playing in the same manner as you and the others," I said. "I plan to protect the humans."
Slender Man didn't talk through the Enhanced this time. He spoke directly to me. I could hear his ungodly voice in the back of my head.
Protect the humans, you say? Laughable. Can you even protect yourself?
And then his Willings attacked me. I slashed the first one a few times with my wakizashi and he went down. I moved out of the other ones way as he charged at me. He managed to stop himself right before falling off the building. I turned to him, shouted out "This would be the perfect time for a 300 reference!" and kicked his ass over the edge.
Then the Enhanced came at me with a machete. I already new I was ably to eat people, but this guy wasn't planning on giving me enough time to do so. A couple minutes of swordsplay later, I managed to slash him across the chest. He stumbled backwards, giving me the opportunity to chop his bloody hand off. As he stood there crying like a bitch, I opened my mouth and gobbled him up.
That was more impressive than I was expecting,  Slender Man said to me.
"Is that all you have to say?" I asked him. "I friggin' killed three of your minion. I bloody ate one of them! Do you have no sympathy for your fallen comrades!?"
Comrades? Please, they'll hardly be missed, He replied, nonchalantly.
"You make me sick," I said to him.
You may consider yourself a Demi-God, but your far to attached to these humans to ever be considered a Deity,  He said.
I couldn't take his bullshit anymore. I gripped my sword, shouted "GO SHAG YOURSELF!!" and charged.

I woke up on a park bench in an unfamiliar town at two in the afternoon the next day. I don't know what happened between those times, but I had the mother of all headaches.

Well, there you have it. That's my story. Any way, I stole a couple 40's from the local liquor store, and I'm gonna try to get wasted (if that's even possible for a partial Fear). Good night, readers. I'll continue my investigation of this boy tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. May I ask why you chose to meet in The Empty City. It is generally hostile to your kind. Demi-god or not.

    In fact you should not of survived that encounter. The City would normally of devoured a fool like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Martyr Epsilon. It's been a while. I have a message to give you. We've set up the board to our advantage. We've place you in check.
    You're move, eccentric chess player.
    You'll pay for crossing the Archive.

    -Martyr Beta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then it got weirder. You've officially managed to confuse The Dying Man. Good job on that one.

      The Liar

      Delete