followers

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Martyr Beta

Sorry I'm posting this so late. I'd have had it up earlier, but I was busy cheating at poker, then I had to try and set up this damned laptop. I checked into a hotel using some of my poker money.

Anyway, about my chat with Beta. I showed up at his current house after that last post. He seemed a little on edge, as if he was trying to refrain from murdering me where I stood.
"So you came," He stated.
"How's Drake?"
"He's fine."
"I'll give you any information the Archive wants," I said. "I just want one thing in return."
"If it's about the Ex-Collector's safety, I can't do anything about it," He said. "I can, however, give you some knowledge concerning the Game Master."
"I just want you to leave her alone," I said, angrily. "I could care less about the Game Master."
"What about your readers?" He asked. "I bet some of them are curious about him."
"Yeah, I'm sure the Dying Man would be thrilled to hear about this guy," I said sarcastically.
"Are you sure you don't want the information?"
I rolled up my sleeve and summoned my arm blade to show him how serious I was.
"Look, kid, even if I wanted to, I couldn't do anything about her," He said.
"You're second-in-command of the Martyrs, right?" I asked. "Why can't you just call off the search?"
"Because of Slender Man."
"What?"
"We cornered her the other day, but He appeared and took her somewhere. She's either dead or a proxy now."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The Slender Man? Taking her? It was quite a bit to take in.
"What info do you want from me?" I asked.
"What can you tell me about the telepath?"
"His name's Isaac," I said. "I couldn't see his destiny, but I could at least see his name."
"What's his last name?"
"O'Zalia."
"Do you know the range of his telepathy?"
"He says it's farther than my vision, and my eyes can see about five times as far as they could when I was human. I'm not sure how accurate that is."
"Are you aware of any abilities other than thought speech?"
"I think he can create illusions. I'm not sure how potent that ability is."
"And he's an Enhanced, correct?"
"His body his filled with eldritch energy, and he was in the Path of Black Leaves, so I would assume so."
"Do you know why his abilities are mental-based instead of physical-based, like every other Enhanced?"
"If I had to fathom a guess, I'd say that he already had a strong mind before his conversion into an Enhanced."
"Is there anything else you can tell me about him?"
"No."
"I guess that's it then."
"I'll be leaving then."
"Are you sure you don't want to know about the Game Master?""Don't care. One more thing before I leave." I pulled the wakizashi out of my bag and tossed it to him.
"Why are you giving me this?" he asked.
"You gave that to me when I joined the Martyrs," I said. "It's the last tie I have to sever with you. That's why I'm giving it back."
He tossed it back to me. "That arm blade must be tough to wield," he said. "It would help to keep a weapon you've actually been trained with."
"Since when do you care about my safety?" I asked.
"I don't," He replied. "I just don't want you dying by someone else's hands. If anyone's gonna kill you, it's gonna be me."
"You think you stand a chance?"
"I thought you every thing you know about combat," He replied. "You may have got lucky those last two times, but I'll beat you next time."
"Well, then I look forward to out epic showdown," I said, beginning to fade. "'Til then, Toodle-oo, Guvner."

1 comment:

  1. What?! I wanted to know about that Game Master guy! You are so inconsiderate.

    Also sucks about your girl. Well at least the Archive didn't get her and you didn't end up having to kill her yourself or anything.

    Er unless she's become a proxy and you'll have to face her later.

    Oh boy I hope that's what happens!

    ReplyDelete