followers

Friday, May 4, 2012

Staking Out

Five days ago I located a man who was receiving surgery from an Oathbreaker. I stepped in and -for lack of a better word- ate the Oathbreaker. After getting the man some proper medical attention, he offered to repay his debt by providing me with a roof over my head and internet access while I'm doing business in this town. I have to handle my own food, but I think it's a more than generous offer.

The man's name is Hiroshi Isamu, which I believe is Japanese for "generous courage". A fitting name for him. He seems interested in my wakizashi. He told me he descended from samurais. He believes that when some one does something good for you, you should do something twice as good for them. I like that ideology. If more people adopted it, they would be constantly paying each other back two-fold, which could potentially lead to world peace. But then again, I never took economics in high school.  I didn't go to high school period.

Anyway, you might be wondering what my business is in this town. I found a young boy (about 12 I think) who may or may not be being stalked by a Fear. He seems to act normally most of the time, but I've noticed some frantic paranoia, usually at nighttime. I'm going to keep watch on him and see if anything happens.

I have unique eyes. I've already stated that I'm part Fear. These eyes are one of my powers. I can see more than humans. I can see through walls, with no restrictions that I am aware of. It makes it easy to watch this boy without being noticed. I can also see the future. Well, maybe that's not the best way to put it. I can see a persons destiny. There are several restriction I have to deal with. For one thing, I can't see my own destiny. I've tried looking in the mirror, but it doesn't work. I haven't tried to see the destinies of the other Fears, but I'm pretty sure they're immune. Another drawback is that I can't see all of their destiny. I can only see bits and pieces of it. There are some things even I can't predict. Another problem is that I have to be looking directly at them. Looking at them through a wall or window won't work.

I have to sign off. The air reeks of proxies.

No comments:

Post a Comment