followers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Okay, I did it, and I sort of regret it.

I had Alexander sing a lullaby for the others. They fell fast asleep.

I took the opportunity and stole the book. The moment I opened it and looked at the pages, all of his memories flowed into my brain. I almost woke the others up when I dropped the book in alarm.

I'm not gonna post everything I saw. Just the last bit of it.

Something shocking happened before this part, but I'd rather not describe it. It was... gruesome, to say the least.

I'll start with Malkator running. As fast as he could from another boy. Malkator was nine. The other boy was a couple years older.

Malkator ran into a library. It was empty. No one, not even the employees, were around.

He hid behind a bookshelf as the other kid entered.

"Why did you do it!?" The boy shouted.

Years fell down Malkator's face as he thought I didn't mean to. That wasn't supposed to happen.


"Where the fuck are you hiding!" The boy demanded. "Come out here, now!"

Malkator stayed hidden, but it wasn't long before the other boy found him. He began pulling books from the shelves and chucking them angrily at Malkator.

"Why did you do it!?" He shouted, as a hardcover book hit Malkator in the shoulder. "Why did you kill her!?"
"It was an accident!" Malkator sobbed. "I didn't mean to!"
"What a load of bollocks!" The boy yelled. "I'll kill you like you killed my sister!"

The boy didn't get a change to do so. An invisible force separated the two of them. Malkator turned around to see that the Blind Man was now standing behind him.

"Who the bloody hell are you!" The boy demanded.
"Tell me your name," The Blind Man said. It wasn't a request.
"Why should I tall you, ya old coot?" The boy demanded.
"Tell me your name," The Blind Man repeated, more assertive this time.
"It's Damien Monroe," The boy said.

The Blind Man wrote it in his book faster than Malkator could blink. The boy began looking around, quizzically.

"Where am I?" He asked. "Who are you? Who am I?"
"What did you do?" Malkator asked.
The Blind Man turned his head to face Malkator. "I've made him forget," He said simply.

Two more people entered the scene. There was a tall, muscular man, with a large golf club case at his side. The other was a 13-year-old girl with dark hair. I recognized her as Myrir.

"Will this boy be inducted into the Archive?" The man asked.
The Blind Man nodded.
"Very well," The man said, placing a hand on the boys shoulder. "Your new name is Martyr Omega. Come with me."

As they left, the Blind Man turned to leave as well, but Malkator grabbed him by the sleeve.

"You can erase peoples memories?' He asked.
The Blind Man nodded.
"Can you do the same for me?" Malkator asked.
"Why do you wish to forget?" The Blind Man asked.
"I don't want to remember what I did to her," Malkator sobbed. "Please, make me forget it."
"You realize that you will forget more than just the incidents of today," The Blind Man said. "You will forget everything."
"I don't care," Malkator pleaded. "Just take these memories away."
The Blind Man opened his book and turned to Malkator. "Tell me your name."
"Benjamin Malkator."


And that's where it ends. That's his story. His memories weren't stolen. He gave them up willingly.

There are more to his memories than that. The Fears were involved heavily in his childhood. So much so, that Malkator actually learned some interest secrets about them in his youth. And now those secrets are in my head as well. The convocation is grateful to learn this information.

I'm going to return this book to Myrir's bag before the lullaby wears off. I hope she doesn't figure it out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh... I hope there's no secrets about us in there.

    ReplyDelete