followers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Unclaimed Domain.

I met up with the Analyst as planned. I had a feeling he would have backup, and that feeling turned out to be correct.

"Hello, Malkator," He said to me as I approached.
"I thought you said you'd come alone," I said.
"I did," He replied.
"Then explain why Martyr Beta is hiding inside the Del Taco watching me," I said.
"Shit, you can see him?" He asked.
"Yes," I replied. "Why don't we go inside to talk?"

We went inside and sat down at the table with Beta and this other guy, who turned out to be Collector Tsu. The Analyst also introduced himself as Analyst Omicron.

"So how much are you allowed to tell me?" I asked.
"The knife used in the experiment was infused with eldritch energy which we got from the Unclaimed Domain," he said.
"The what now?" I asked.
"The Unclaimed Domain is a domain which none of the Fears have taken as their own," he said. "It's another world with no known inhabitants. The atmosphere is rich with energy. That's where we got the energy for the experiment."
"I see," I said.
"When we performed the experiment on Martyr Iota, everything within three and a half feet of his wound was ripped apart atom by atom," he continued. "We believe those atoms may have been warped into the Unclaimed Domain. It's unlikely, but still possible, that Martyr Iota's atoms were able to reassemble themselves inside the domain. That might explain how he's returned."
"I have a hypothetical question," I said. "What if he can still rip his own atoms apart and rearrange them?"
"Why do you ask that?" he asked.
"When he was in the Archive, he had brown hair and blue eyes," I said. "But when I saw him again, he had red hair and eyes. That could be explained by rearranging his pigmentation."
"I see," He said.
"And what if the chair and the chunk of floor that vanished with him became a part of his body when he came back to life?" I asked.
"I'm not sure I understand the question," He replied.
"He had this solid steel bike with him," I said. "But he was able to change it into a spear. He could have done so by rearranging the atoms. If he can rearrange his bodies atoms, the the bike must be a part of his body as well for him to change it like that."
"So you're saying that the bike is actually an alter form of the chair?" he inquired.
"Yes," I said. "But this is all speculation. I have no proof. And at this point, there's only one place I can think of that might have any evidence."
"I had the same thoughts," he said. "And that's why I've arranged an expedition into the Unclaimed Domain. Just the four of us."
"Those two are coming too?" I asked.
"The Grandfather wants you alive for reasons I don't fully understand," He said. "But the Archive still doesn't trust you. Martyr Beta knows you on a personal level, so he'll be coming along to keep an eye on you. Collector Tsu and I have both briefly visited the Unclaimed Domain before, so we know a thing or two about the terrain. We'll all be going there in order to find answers into how Martyr Iota survived."
"Alright then," I said. "When do we leave?"
"Tomorrow morning," he said simply. "I suggest you pack what you need and get some sleep before than."

So there you have it. I'm going to an unfamiliar world with a bunch of people I don't trust in order to gather information about a guy who wants to kill me. This is my life.

I'll be leaving soon. I might not come back. Wish me luck.

Wait, why am I saying that? Most of the people who read this blog are servants who are keeping track of me on their master's behalf. Why would any of you want to wish me luck? Ugh, whatever. Goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a servant.

    and I keep track of you for my own amusement.

    In other words good luck.

    ReplyDelete