followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

That Went Well.

I waiting outside the Archive base, trying to come up with a good plan. I came to the decision that I should wait for someone to leave the base on their own and then go talk to them and hope they didn't panic. I had better luck than I had hoped.

I saw an Analyst leaving the base. But it wasn't just any Analyst; It was the same guy who was there when Damien supposedly died.

I watched him for a while until I was sure I could speak to him uninterrupted. I got my chance when he went into a Del Taco for lunch. I took the opportunity and went in after him. I sat across from him and began speaking.

"I'd like to talk to you about something," I said.
"What do you want from me?" He asked. "You realize that I could get in serious trouble for giving information to you of all people, right?"
"I need to know about the experiment that the knife was used in," I said.
"Why?" He asked. "Are you curious about how you acquired your powers?"
"Not really," I replied. "It's about Martyr Iota. He's still alive."

He almost choked on his nachos, and I had to perform a Heimlich maneuver. He ended up knocking his tray over. We apologized and left. We spoke a little longer before he left.

"I don't know how he could have survived what he went through," He said. "I'll have to speak to my superiors about this."
"Well, hurry up with that," I said.
"I'll be as quick as I can, but I can't promise you anything," He replied. "I can't release classified information with permission from my higher ups. I'll see how much I can tell you, then I'll meet you back here."
"When?" I asked.
"The night after tomorrow, at (time removed for secretive reasons)" He said.
"Alright, but only if you agree to come alone," I said.

He hesitated for a little bit, then said yes. Then he left. I guess I'll get my answers in a couple days. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment