followers

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dark Dreams

I had a nightmare. Or maybe it was a vision.

Except that it already happened. It was six months ago.

Martyr Iota was strapped down to a very large metal chair.

An Analyst approached him with a glowing red knife.

"Are you sure you wish to go through with this?" He asked.

"You've never had a rival before, have you?" Iota asked. "If it means surpassing him, I'm willing to risk anything."

The Analyst sunk the knife into Iota's chest.

The eldritch energy flowed into his body.

Nothing happened at first.

Then he began dissolving.

Slowly and painfully, each atom of his body separated from each other and dispersed into the air before vanishing completely.

And it wasn't just him.

The same fate befell the chair he was strapped to.

A chunk of the floor vanished as well.

Everything within a few feet of the wound had been inflicted dissolved and vanished.

The Analyst barely backed away in time.



That was the death of Martyr Iota. He had volunteered for the experiment involving the eldritch knife, and he was killed.

That couldn't have been a memory. I wasn't there when it happened. I returned from an assignment one day to hear that we had lost an ally.

But if that wasn't a memory, what was it? Is the fragment of the Vision inside of me trying to show me something? Is it a warning? What's going on?

I'm really looking forward to that movie. I need something to help me relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment