followers

Monday, June 4, 2012

I'm Back

And I've had a hell of a time. I'm only gonna post half of what happened to me right now. I'll finish it up later.

You all so Crow's posts, so you know how it all started. It was kind of a blur for me. Seriously, having your consciousness pushed into the back of your head while an evil entity takes over your mind body and soul is not pleasant.

Eight chased my body for a few hours before HELLFIRE decided to stop and confront his adversary.

HELLFIRE drew my cutlass and raised it. I'm not sure how I did it, but I regained control just long enough to let go of the hilt and let the sword clatter to the ground.

HELLFIRE took over the body again and tried to retrieve the sword, but Eight got to it before him. HELLFIRE summoned my arm-blades and set fire to them.

Oh yeah, the fire. I should probably explain that. I'm not sure how it works, but I think HELLFIRE was able to combine my eldritch energy with it's own to form a different kind of energy. And that energy can set things on fire. I think that's also the reason my eyes turned yellow when it was in control.

Then Eight did something interesting; He removed his mask. His face was pretty normal. He looked completely human. Then his mask transformed into a shield. Yeah, I guess members of the Deck can do that.

I don't remember much of the fight, but I remember how it ended. Eight managed to get close to my body and I felt HELLFIRE being ripped out of me. As it happened, my left arm-blade dissolved into nothingness. He managed to pull HELLFIRE out of me, but it managed to take some of my energy with it.

"What did you do?" I asked him.
"I've taken your burden for myself," Eight said.
"But you can't control something like that!"
"Don't underestimate the Deck," He replied. "I may not be physically strong, but I won't give up my mind to this fiend."
"Why?" I asked. "Why would you do this?"
"You saved my life before," He said. "I'm simply repaying my debt."

And then HELLFIRE took over. I could tell because his eyes turned yellow with slit pupils. He set the sword on fire and charged at me. I dodged his attacks. I couldn't risk him coming into contact with me.

This went on for about a minute before Eight regained control. He said not to underestimate his control, then he vanished.

So there I was, separated from the others in an unfamiliar domain ruled by a malicious and sadistic bastard who likes to play games with people.

I wandered around for a while before finding something pretty cool. You know how some video games have  bonus items hidden in various locations? Well, it turns out that the Game Master hid a few prizes throughout the Board. And I had found one of them.

It was a mask. Solid white, with no eye holes or straps. It was levitating over a small pool underground. I reached for it, and as soon as My skin brushed against it, a symbol appeared on it's blank surface. It resembled an eye with no irises and a very large pupil, an it was surrounded by swirling lines. I guess that's my symbol now.

I turned it over in my hands and examined the other side. It was see through. That explains why Eight could still see with his on. I lifted it to my face and it stayed there without falling.

Before leaving, I decided to examine my reflection in the pool. I saw her. The Mother Of Snakes. I left immediately. My own self loathing had drawn her to me.

I found out some other interesting things the mask is capable of. For one thing, it can access the internet. I just think of the website I want to go to, and it takes me to it. I can't log into anything though. That's why I haven't been able to update the blog at all. I can also track down any competitor in the tournament.

I found the others and left them a message warning them about HELLFIRE. I couldn't get close to them yet. I had something I needed to take care of first.

I began seeking out the Game Master. I wanted to defeat him before the tournament could get any worse. Then I ran into an old friend.

"Hello, Malkator," He said to me.
"Hiroshi," I said. "I didn't know you were a competitor."
"I'm not," He said. "I was sent here on business."
"To kill me?" I asked.
"To ask you for help," He replied.



CLIFFHANGER!!!! That's right, I'm wrapping it up here for tonight. Enjoy the suspense, bitches. And by "Bitches" I mean "The Dying Man".

No comments:

Post a Comment