followers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Into The Fires Of Hell

I had another vision earlier. It was of Eight. I knew where to find him. I informed the others that I was going to scout ahead. I didn't tell them where I was really going.

I found him waiting for me. I kept my distance and began speaking.

"Which one are you?" I asked.
"At the moment, I am the Eight of Clubs," He said.
"I'm sure you already know what I'm up to," I said.
"You intend to murder my former Master, correct?" He asked.
"Former?"
"HELLFIRE has given me a glimpse of the outside world," He said. "A world I haven't seen in centuries. A world that I will never be able to return to if I remain in his service."
"You can't trust that thing!" I shouted. "HELLFIRE is a monster as much as the Game Master is!"
"It is a monster who offers me freedom," He said. "I don't trust HELLFIRE at all, but he and I share a common goal. For that purpose, I chose to let it in. I need its power. At least for the time being."
"You can't control it's power, Estren," I said.

He seemed shocked to hear his real name. It's hard to read his emotions with his mask on.

"You came here seeking answers, did you not?" He asked.
"Yes," I confirmed. "Who exactly is the Game Master?"
"It's hard to tell when exactly he was first known of," He said. "His presence has been apparent all the way back in Ancient Egypt. I don't know how old he truely is, but I do know what he used to be."
"What?" I asked.
"A Doll," He said.
"He was a servant to the Wooden Girl?" I asked.
"Yes," He confirmed. "He was one of her greatest minions. Perhaps too great. After some time, he developed a lust for power. He began seeking strength and knowledge, eventually becoming a being whose powers rival the Fears themselves. He soon chose to betray his Mistress and become his own Master. The two have since been at war with each other."
"That explains why Hiroshi's here," I said. "And what can you tell me about the Vision?"
"I know much about her, but I'm afraid you must find those answers on your own," He said. "It is not my place to tell you."
"I need to know!" I demanded. "She's the reason the Game Master wants me dead!"
"I'm sorry," He said.

Then he vanished. I got some answers, but I still have questions.

Oh well. If no one else will tell me about the Vision, I'll make the Game Master tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment