followers

Friday, June 8, 2012

This Means War!

Mother Fucker! He killed them!

Okay, composure. We we on our way to go find O'Zalia and Ren. Then He showed up.

He appeared as an abnormally tall skeleton, draped in tattered clothing and a flowing black cloak. His face was concealed behind a whit mask displaying the symbols of the four card suits. He had a hostage. A girl about eighteen or nineteen. I didn't recognize her, but Crow obviously did.

"Alexis!" He cried. "Let her go, you bastard!"
"Now why would I take orders from someone who plots to destroy me?" The Game Master asked.
"You're one to talk," I said. "Didn't you bring me here to kill me?"
"I've come to make a bargain with you, Malkator," He said. Just then, thirteen figures surrounded us. They all had on spade masks. "Give yourself up, and I'll let all of your friends go. If you refuse, you will all die."
"Why are you so hellbent on killing me!?" I demanded.
"I seek to complete what I started several centuries ago," He said.
"The bloody hell does that mean?" I asked.

His cloak then changed. It dissolved into a swarm of bats before reforming itself into a massive black sword. Now I saw what Quan meant by shape-shifting bats.

He pointed the blade at me and said "I must eliminate what is left of her."

Before he could make another move, the Spades started fighting each other and giant bloody roots sprouted from the ground. O'Zalia and Ren had arrived.

There was a pretty big fight after that. I don't remember all of it. The Game Master and most of the spades retreated after a while. The Four of Spades was still with us, only unconscious.

I looked around the area at the aftermath. Crow was crying over Alexis's body. Lotus was helping to treat a wound on Sounds arm. Algeria lay dead a few feet from me, with Hiroshi standing over her. Ren was supporting a badly wounded O'Zalia while Myrir treated his injuries.

"I'm gonna make him pay for all this," I said. "I'm gonna go settle the score."
"But we were ordered to prevent you from facing him," Myrir said.
"Doesn't matter now," O'Zalia said. He was looking over at Sound. "The two of them have already met. The best we can do now is help Malkator defeat him. Besides, I have to make him pay for hurting my minions."
"And how do you expect to help me in your condition?" I asked.
"My powers are thought based," O'Zalia said. "I don't need my body to fight."
"You can count me in too," Ren said. "This asshole wasted my time with this lousy tournament, when I could have been out fighting the tall bastard."
"Defeating the Game Master was my reason for coming here in the first place," Hiroshi said.
"What about you?" I asked Crow. He stood up, shaking. He turned to me, tears still in his eyes.
"The Convocation is dying to sink their talons into this guy," He said. "And I feel the same way. I'll make him suffer for what he did to her."
O'Zalia then turned to address Myrir, Sound and Lotus. "I want you three to bring their bodies back to the human world. They deserve to be delivered to their families."
"I'm not just gonna leave you all here to fight alone!" Myrir said. "I'm staying."
O'Zalia chuckled. "I didn't even need to read your mind to know you'd say that," He said. "You can stay if that's the case. Sound, Lotus, you two go."

Before leaving, Sound traded his weird looking sword for Myrir's laptop.

We're gonna interrogate the spade once he wakes up, then we're gonna go meet Quan at the rendezvous point.

Get ready, Game Master. We're coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment