followers

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Showdown

I got up at three, as planned. Woke up the others and went to get my weapons. I slid my rifle into a sheath on my back and grabbed my sword. We left the hideout and found a trail of bloody arrows leading us away from town. We followed the arrows into the woods. That's where we found him.

We executed our plan. Also, I'd like to thank the late Faceless Bastard for giving me that idea. I drew my sword and tossed it to Crow. He and O'Zalia charged at Damien while Keursio and I began firing our rifles at him.

As I had assumed, he must have been paying attention to my blog, because he seemed rather shocked when we used a different plan from what I had posted. It didn't last long though. He overpowered O'Zalia and Crow and charged at me. I summoned my arm blade and began fighting him. He was wielding twin falchions, but I've been training for weeks with the arm blade, so I've gotten pretty good with it.

We were locked in combat for a while before Crow stepped in. His whip wrapped around Damien's throat and he was shocked with lightning. I took the chance and stabbed him. He broke free from Crow's whip and shoved me away. The wound I had inflicted healed and he continued his assault on me.

I don't know how long the fight lasted. At some point, he transformed his swords into a chain and lassoed me with it. He then swung me around and flung me into the air. I crashed into the ground some distance away.

I stood up and looked around. I recognized where I was. I just a couple miles from where I had hidden the race car. I started running toward it. It was time for plan B. I heard from O'Zalia that Damien's bike can keep up with a car running at 75 mph. Time see how fast he could really go.

I was a few yards from the car when I heard him. He was riding toward me on his bike. I jumped in the car and started it up. And thus began the awesome badass high speed chase.

I led him away from the city and toward the trap we had made. And in case you were wondering, yes, he can keep up with an F1 race car. The trap was basically a really, really big hole in the ground filled wit sharp spikes concealed beneath a thin layer of wood covered in dirt. The plan was to teleport the car elsewhere while he fell into the hole and died. However, the original plan was to have O'Zalia or Crow with me so that we could use the Path Of Black Leaves or the Bleak Shore as an escape route. However, they weren't there, so I had to improvise.

I was about to use the God's Way, but then I saw her. Se was only there briefly, but I saw the Vision. I knew what she was trying to tell me.

I floored it as I drove to the trap hole. At the last moment, I opened the portal. I was there, in the Streams Of Destiny. The car didn't touch ground, but simply flew through the color changing sky. I opened a new portal and found myself in the middle of the desert.

I crashed the car into several cacti as I tried to stop it. Fortunately, It didn't take too much damage.

I got out and lied down on my back beneath the sun. I prayed to whatever god exists that the trap had worked.

It didn't.

Damien appeared shortly afterward. I got up and summoned my blade. We became locked in combat once again. Unfortunately, the blazing desert sun was wearing me down. He kicked me in the chest and sent me flying.  I landed several yards away

"Oh, how the mighty have fallen," He said gleefully.

I pulled Keursio's ring off my finger. I didn't want to use it, but it seemed I had no choice.

"What's the matter?" He said, approaching me with sword in hand. "Don't tell me you've given up."
"Not by a long shot!" I said.

For just a moment, I vanished into the God's Way and reappeared behind him. I decked him in the back of the head. While he was stunned, I ripped open my button-up shirt and tossed the ring into my second mouth.

As I said before, the ring was special. The glowing red crystal on it wasn't an ordinary gem. It was pure eldritch energy.

As it enter my mouth, I felt the power flowing through me. A second blade, large as the first, sprouted from my left arm. And then a pair of small, chitinous wings sprouted from my back.

The power wasn't the only thing flowing through me. I was gripped by an irresistible urge to end Damien's life. We began fight once again, but this time I had the upper hand. I overpowered him quickly and knocked him out.

I prepared to deal the felling blow. But I was thrown back by something. The Archangel had appeared in all of his Gas-masked glory.

"I'm afraid I can't let you end him just yet," It said "I have use for a man like him."

I tried to charge at it, but this black mist appeared around us and I was blinded. The mist then transformed into chains and bound me. As the mist cleared, I saw the Archangel in a new form. It had transformed into Damien's sister. It grabbed him and vanished. The chains melted away shortly afterwards.



This is just great. First of all, The Archangel has Damien. There's no telling what it plans to do with him. Second, I don't know what happened to the others. Damien could have killed them for all I know. Oh yeah, and I lost another sword. Now Damien has my wakizashi, Estren has my cutlass, and, assuming he's still alive, Crow has my short sword. And now that I've gained more power, my blood lust is going to be harder to control. I'm another step down the road of darkness, and there's no turning back. I have to just try and stay in place and hope that the darkness doesn't consume me.



I think I've been putting off my meeting with Daniel long enough. I'm going to figure out where I am, then I'm headed in a straight line to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment