followers

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Back From Hell Part 3

After we met Keursio, We decided to keep moving, hoping we could find a way out. And as we were moving, guess who fucking reappeared?

"Trying to escape, are we?" Damien asked.
"No, I just felt like stretching my legs," I said sarcastically.

I don't recall the rest of that conversation, but we started fighting. He's gotten a lot more brutal since his time in the Archive. It took everything I had to stop him from beheading me. Martyr Beta decided to intervene at some point, which gave me the opportunity I was looking for. I pulled a syringe for my pocket and lunged at Damien. Good thing he was distracted.

I plunged the needle into his neck and pressed down on the whatever-it's-called. He turned and shoved me away, then kicked Beta away as he started shuddering violently. Then there was puking. It was hilarious and disgusting at the same time. Unfortunately, it didn't last long. He recovered quickly and charged at me. He slashed me in the ribs twice with the sword he was wielding. I fell to the ground, and he morphed the sword into a lance and prepared to drive it through my skull.

"Finally," He hissed. "Vengeance!"

As he began to thrust the lance at me, a blinding light appeared between the two of us and threw him off guard. The She appeared.

She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She had long, flowing hair, a pair of chitinous wings, and each finger ended in a talon. Her body was transparent and sparkly. I could see straight through her, and Damien looked absolutely terrified on the other side.

Then I realized he was levitating. His limbs were slowly stretched out as if he were on an invisible torture machine.

Then She spoke.

"I will not allow you to harm him!" She said. She seemed to speak with a dozen voices at once. It's had to explain. She then slashed his repeatedly with her claws. She then dropped him to the ground. Then her body began glowing brighter and brighter until all I saw was light. As it faded, I realized I was no longer in Bloody Hell.

I was in a new place. The sky was constantly shifting colors. It seemed to favor the color blue. The ground was covered in sand and gravel, and several streams trickled along and branched all over the place, as far as the eye could see (and I don't know how often I've mentioned this, but my eyes can see pretty damn far). I looked around.

Martyr Beta and Keursio were lying on the bank of a stream a few yards from me. I went and woke them up.

"Where are we?" Beta asked.
"No clue," said. I decided to investigate one of the streams. As soon as I touched the water, my mind was flooded with visions. Scenes from the past, present and future flowed into my head. I pulled my fingers out of the water and the visions stopped.
"What's wrong?" Keursio asked.
"I think I have an idea where we are," I said. "I think this is her domain."
"So who's 'her'?" Beta asked.
"You guys saw the woman who saved me, right?" I said.
"What do you mean?" Keursio asked.
"All I saw was Damien acting all weird and then a bunch gashed appeared on his body," Beta said.

Interesting. I guess Damien and I were the only ones who saw her.

"I think this is the Vision's domain," I said. "She was my ancestor, and a Fear. She's dead now, but I think she saved me somehow."
"That doesn't make a whole lot of sense," Beta said.
"Since when does Eldritch bullshit make sense?" I asked.
"Point taken," He replied.

We looked around a little bit, then a portal appeared out of nowhere. It led to the Archive base.



And that's my story. Beta returned to the base, where Analyst Omicron and Collector Tsu were waiting for him, and I went my own separate way. Of course, I still have Keursio with me. I'm not just gonna let someone who hasn't seen the world for 300 years go do whatever. Things have change, and someone needs to help her figure things out.

Damien's still alive. I don't how I know that, I just do. He's out there, and I'm damn sure that he's gonna come looking for me.

And I'll be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment