followers

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Back From Hell Part 2

So after Damien left, we decided to get as far away from that area as possible. We found a cave somewhere and decided to hide in it.

"What did you do to him that pissed him off so much?" Martyr Beta asked me once we were inside. "He's acting just like he was towards you before I brought him into the Archive."
"I sort of killed his sister," I explained.
"What!?" He demanded.
"It's complicated," I said.
"Well, then why don't you explain it to me?" He asked.
"I came here to get answers about Damien, not tell you my life story," I said.
"Well, it's not like we're doing anything constructive right now," He said. "I want answers as much as you do, and maybe delving a little into your past is the only way to get them."
"Fine," I said. "The Fears were there my whole life. I saw them everywhere. They weren't hostile towards me. At least, not at first. But when I was six, the tall motherfucker thought it would be fun to kill my family. So I ran. I became a runner when I was just a kid. I was on the run for about a year, when I saw her."
"Who's her?" He asked.
"I'm not completely sure," I said. "She looked like a mass of fireflies, taking the shape of a lady. She asked what troubled me. I told her it was the demons that chased me. She said..."
"She said what?"
"She said that knowledge could save me," I said. "She said that if I knew more about the demons, then I would be able to protect myself from them. And then she gave it to me."
"She gave you what now?" He asked.
"Knowledge," I said. "A lot of it. Too much for my brain to handle. It burned. All the things she showed me hurt my head. I remember passing out, and waking up with them."
"Them?"
"The Monroe family," I explained. "They found me unconscious in the woods with a serious headache. They nursed me back to health and cared for me. I became friends with their son, Damien. We were best pals for over two years. But then it happened. I was hanging out in a park with him and his sister. Then I saw him. The Archangel was watching us. We started running. He gave chase. We ran through the woods. We lost him for a little while. We found something else though. It was a man, bleeding from his chest and crawling towards us. I rushed over to help him."
"Was he alright?" Beta asked.
"I'm getting to that," I said. "I asked him if he needed help. He asked me to come closer. I asked for his name. He said to me 'My name is HELLFIRE, and I'm your friend'. He then grabbed me by the hand and I felt it enter me."
"The Dying Man?" Beta asked.
"Yeah," I said. "What happened next was a blur. HELLFIRE took me over and I killed Damien's sister. Then the Archangel found us. He tore HELLFIRE from my body and banished him into the God's Way. Then he left.
"Wait, The Archangel can remove Dying Men from people and banish them into the God's Way?" Beta asked.
"According to Dan Ferris he can also transform into a giant four-armed monster," I said. "Anyway, the Archangel left after that and Damien chased me into the library. You already know what happened after that."
"But if that story is true, then t wasn't actually you who killed her," He said.
"No, it was me," I said. "I honestly didn't get along well with her. HELLFIRE took my dislike and turned it into loathing. That's how he works. He takes the dark parts of a person's heart and makes them darker. It's true that I was under the Dying Man's influence, but I'm the one who killed her."

We didn't get talk much longer, because apparently we weren't alone in that cave. Ever seen a giant purple snake with porcupine quills? Well, I have and it scared the living shit out of me.

We managed to escape from it and kept on running. And, as it turns out, we weren't the only people in that world. We ran into a girl about my age. She wore a cyan gown and had curly gold hair.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"I could ask the same of you," She said. "When did you get here, exactly?"
"A few hours ago," I said.
"What's the date?" She asked.
"Late June, 2012," I said.
"2012?" She said. "My goodness, I've been here a long time. Do either of you know the way out?"
"I wish I did," Beta said. "Unfortunately, Analyst Omicron had the device with him when he vanished through that portal Damien opened."
"You two know Damien?" She asked.
"How do you know him?" I asked
"I saw him when he first came here," She said. "I've been keeping my distance from him. He's a frightening person."
"What can you tell us about him?" I asked.
"It was about a month ago, I think," She said. "He just kind of materialized here. Then he started experimenting with these weird powers. He changed his hair and eye color, he learned how to open portals, and he had a giant metal chair that he could transform. He used part of it to create this metal device. It had two wheels and he used it as a mode of transportation."
"It's called a bicycle," I explained. "Seriously, how long have you been here?"
"Over three hundred years," She said.
"What!?" Beta and I said simultaneously.
"It's complicated," She said.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"My name is Keursio," she said. "And you?"
"I'm Malkator," I said. "And this is Martyr Beta."


Well, I think I'll wrap it up here for now. I'll finish this story soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment