followers

Saturday, December 1, 2012

The 9th Plague

This is Crow. Malkator is sleeping, so I'm gonna write this post. That's right, I still know his password. He hasn't changed it since the tournament.

Anyway, we showed up in Egypt, outside these old ruins. There were dead bodies everywhere.

"What is this place?" I asked
"Before this all started, Bill Dawson was an Egyptologist," Malkator said. "This must be the tome where he disturbed the Nightlanders. He must have chose this place for the 9th plague because of his connection to it."
"And killed all the researchers here in the process," I said. "I hate guys like that. He had no good reason to kill these people."
"I know," he said.
"He's probably inside, right?" I asked.
"I think so," he said. "Let's get moving."

We approached the entrance. Then the shadows started moving. The 9th plague was starting.. Nightlanders appeared from everywhere, surrounding us.

"We have to beat them before they black out the sky," Malkator said, drawing his sword.
"You think these things are vulnerable to mana?" I asked.
"I'm saving that for a last resort," he replied. "Let's try and cut them all down."

We fought for a while, trying to fight them all off. After a while, I saw him appear, right behind Malkator. I went with my instincts and shoved Malkator out of the way. Bill grabbed my and pulled me under the ground, into the deepest parts of the tomb. He pinned me to the wall, with a hand around my throat. Whatever humanity was left in him was nearly gone now. He was almost completely shadow now.

"I was about to finish off that Demi-God pest," he said. "But you'll do for now."
"Like hell!" I said, striking him with a bolt of lightning.

That was enough to get him off of me, but he was still standing. He summoned a dark blade in each hand and charged at me. I dodged him and drew the sword I got from Malkator a while ago. I fought back against him, but not very well. I'm not too good with a sword, and he was way faster than me. He slashed me across the chest. Birds flew out and attacked him, but he cut them all down easily. I  tried shocking him again. It slowed him down some, just long enough for me to drive my sword into his chest. He melted into the floor and reappeared behind he. I turned to block his attack. His strike was so strong that my sword shattered and he slashed my shoulder. I fell to the ground.

"How pathetic," he said, standing over me with his blade pointed at my face. a shadowy ooze flowed from his open wound, but he ignored it. my birds made another attempt to attack him, but he slashed through all of them and turned his attention back to me. Then a huge fireball hit him from the side. Malkator had arrived.

"You okay?" he asked me.
"More or less," I replied. "What happened with the Nightlanders?"
"The Rake and EAT showed up," he said. "They're dealing with things up there."
"No!" Bill exclaimed. "No! All my work has been ruined! You bastards! I'll kill you all!"

He and Malkator started fighting. It went on for a while. Malkator managed to get the upper hand, then he did something weird. There was this bright silver light, and Bill was separated from the shadows. The darkness all left his body and fled. Bill fell to the ground. With his powers, the wound I had dealt him earlier was starting to take its toll.

"What did you do?" I asked.
"The same thing the Ace Of Chaos did to Silvermist," he replied. "I used chaos magic to tear the Nightlanders out of his soul."
"You can do that?" I asked.
"Apparently," Malkator said. "Not sure how I mastered that power so quickly though..."

He healed my wounds and then we went back to America. Bill may have been defeated, but I don't think the Archangel's going to take it as a defeat. I'm sure we'll still have to deal with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment