followers

Friday, November 30, 2012

The Reverie And The Ace

Things didn't go too well in Daniel's subconscious. We beat the Grotesque, but I lost control and almost killed Daniel. I got kind of mopey, but Daniel knocked some sense into me. I think Dyson's right. I have to avoid using mana.

I saw the Ace Of Chaos when I woke up. At least, a phantom of him anyway.

"Hello," he said. "I see you've found what you were looking for."
"Yeah," I said. "But I can't control it."
"You'll learn," he said.
"How?" I demanded. "You gave me back my sanity, then told me to chase after a power that takes it away again."
"I know you can control it," he said. "You're just as stubborn as I was. I know you can overcome this."
"Why are you really here?" I asked.
"I come to give you my last secret," he said. "Mana can be used either for offense or defense. Defensive magic is referred to as light magic, while offensive magic is called dark magic. Both are equally harmful to a person's sanity."
"Why do I need to know this?" I asked.
"I told you before that I spent my life trying to blend darkness and light," he said. "I was successful. I created a new form of magic. Chaos magic. Magic that will soon save your life."

Then he vanished. Yeah, that was weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment