followers

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

These Are The Droids I Am Looking For

I got to visit Tokyo today! It was surprisingly disappointing. I did get some Miku merchandise, so I guess I got something out of it.

I met up with Crow at a hotel last night. We soon realized that neither of us have any idea how to speak Japanese.I used my mask to access Google Translate, but I don't trust that program.

Crow sent his birds to scout for Newborn activity. We found some. A bunch of Towerborn were working in an abandoned robot factory. We entered and started blowing up every Towerborn we could find. Then I took a bullet to the thigh. It caught me by surprise and I went down. Then the bullet released an electric current and stunned me. Did you know they make bullets like that? I didn't.

I got a look at what  fired it. It was an android, built from broken robots. It was holding a gun in one of its hands, and was glaring at us with camera-eyes.

"A Thoughtborn, I presume?" Crow asked.
"My name is Piksel," it said. "And yes, I an a Thoughborn. And I will not tolerate interference with the plan."
"Tough luck, I'm interfering anyway," Crow said.

Piksel started firing bullets, which Crow dodged pretty easily. Then it threw a flash grenade that nearly blinded all of us. As Crow shielded his eyes, Piksel raised its gun again, and pulled the trigger. There was a burst of feathers, and a small black body hit the floor in front of us.

"A-Alexander?" Crow stammered.

He was in shock for a few moments, but that shock quickly turned into rage. Sparks started flying from Crow's body, hitting the machinery around us. Piksel shot Crow multiple times, but he ignored the wounds. The electricity he generated continued to increase, and the warning lights began flashing.

"You killed the only bird I actually liked," Crow hissed. "Join him!" Crow shot a bolt of electricity straight into Piksel's chest. Piksel hit a button on its thigh just before it exploded. A voice came over the loudspeaker saying "MISSION ABORTED. SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ACTIVATED."

Shit. They had anticipated an attack, and had set it up so that if things went wrong, they could destroy themselves and the intruders. Crow had passed out after his attack, and I had to drag him through a portal to the Streams Of Destiny. I was about to close it, when I decided a burial might be in order. I shot one of my tongues out of the portal and grabbed Alexander's body. I closed the portal just as the factory exploded.

I turned back to Crow. He was wounded, and fatally. I need the first thing that came to mind, and started using my mana on him. I wasn't sure if it would work, but I had to try. And fortunately, I was successful. I managed to heal him.

Alexander is dead though. I couldn't do anything for him. I tried. i really did. Something interesting though, is how powerful Crow became. He can use lightning from a distance now, like when his powers were amplified on the second layer.

That was the 5th plague. We're halfway there.

No comments:

Post a Comment