followers

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Knowledge That Burns.

Daniel seemed to handle the Red Cap just fine. So then it was my turn.

Crow and I headed to Pittsburgh Texas, where the Burning Bride would be starting out. Wasn't hard to find her. It's pretty easy to notice a burning peach orchard. We ran in there and found her. She wasn't too friendly about it. Tried to fry us as soon as we found her.

Now, I had only practiced with mana a little bit, so I wasn't very good. But I did learn to freeze things, so I managed to put out the surrounding fire, which made the battle field a lot safer. But we were still facing a deadly opponent. I tried to freeze her, but she melted the ice effortlessly. And neither of us could get close enough to use our weapons.

"Any ideas?" Crow asked me.
"I have one, but it's gonna hurt," I told him. "Get your birds ready." Oh yeah, something I forgot to mention last post; Crow got his birds back after we left the second layer. I'm not sure how that works.

Anyway, I jumped into the God's Way real quick and stabbed my blade into her spine. It burnt being so close to her, but it distracted her long enough for the Convocation to get in and attack her. She was immune to lightning, but a barrage of iron-hard beaks are different. She vanished into the God's Way and I followed her. We wound up in a cow farm nearby. The sight of all those cattle fleeing in terror from the fiery woman and the weird guy with a stomach mouth was just hilarious. But I still had to focus. It would take a while for Crow to catch up, so I was on my own.

I kept fighting as long as I could, trying to ignore the heat. That's when she did it. She raised her hand and gave me more knowledge. Knowledge that I could hardly believe.

She showed me the Ace Of Chaos's identity. Who he really was. I collapsed. My head hurt. What she had just shown me was so hard to believe, and yet it made so much sense.

She began to leave. I got up, but I was still dizzy from disbelief. She passed a watering hole, and that's when EAT decided to get involved. The water rose into a giant tentacle, which trashed at the Bride. She screamed in agony, and after a short attempt and fighting the ink tentacle, she gave up and vanished. Then a Camper rose from the water and approached me.

"Thank you for luring her in," it said.
"You're welcome," I said. "You couldn't have jumped in sooner?"
"We chose to give you a chance to defeat her before we stepped in," it said. "Perhaps we were wrong about your strength. You have a long way to go if you expect to end the plagues."
"Two of them have already been prevented," I reminded it.
"Yes, but preventing two will not matter if you cannot avert the others as well," it said. "All you've managed to do so far in increase the workload for the other Heralds Of The Plagues."
"Whatever," I said. "I'll prove to you that I can do this."

And then I left. Crow already headed to Egypt to help stop the third plague. I'm gonna start preparing for the fourth and fifth plagues. I agreed to handle them both, in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment