followers

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I love Denny's

I really do. Their french toast is just sooooooooooo good. Um, anyway, this is Crow. After our fight with Bill, we took a brief break and then went to California to go help Daniel. I've never seen the Archangel like that, and I hope I never will again. We got it to retreat, then Malkator and I went to Denny's to celebrate. After a while, we had this conversation about things...

"I'm sorry," he said.
"For what?" I replied.
"For what happened to Alexander," he replied.
"It's not your fault," I said. "It's no one's fault. Alexander tried to protect me, and he died because of it. The only person I blame is Piksel."
"I'm surprised a Fear would take a bullet for one of its servants," Malkator said.
"There's something I never really told anyone about Alexander," I said, hesitating a little bit, "Do you remember when I told you that Alexander's connection to the hivemind was distorted due to a head injury?"
"Yeah," Malkator said. "Why?"
"I lied," I admitted. "The truth is..."

And then I told him. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I thinks it's what he would have wanted.

It was several months ago, before the tournament. I was on a mission. The job was to eliminate a murderous Slender Proxy chick. I found her with a group of other proxies, and I went in. She was dead in minutes. I tried to leave immediately after, without spilling anymore blood. But there was this one stubborn Proxy tried to stop me. Took a few bolts of lightning to bring him down long enough to escape.

After that, I went back home to my parent's house. I spent the next few days thinking about what I'd done. Killing's never easy for me. Anyway, a couple days later, the same proxy from before attacked my house. But this time he was enhanced.

I'll give you 3 tries to guess who he was. If any of those guesses were David Kallaway, then you guessed right. That was his girlfriend I had killed, and he was pretty pissed.

We fought for a while, and I eventually got him to retreat. My house had been destroyed. And amongst the rubble was my father, who had been impaled by a broken support beam during all the chaos. I tried to will him to live. He was faded fast. I did what I had to do. I begged to the Convocation. I asked them to save him. I'm not sure how they did it, but after a few minutes, there was a small black crow lying where my dad had just been.

Alexander wasn't just a member of the Convocation. He was my father. That's why he had his own personality. That's why he took that bullet for me.

"I had no idea the Convocation could do that," Malkator said,
"Neither did I," I replied.

We sat there a little while longer before Mr. future man showed up. He said something to Malkator and then left. Not sure what it was, but Malkator said we'd have to leave soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment