followers

Tuesday, December 11, 2012


Malkator came up to me and Myrir this morning to talk.

“I'm leaving,” he said. “I made my decision, and I know what I have to do. I just wanted to say goodbye to both of you.”

He immediately vanished into the God's Way.

It didn't feel right. That was no normal goodbye. I released my birds and ordered them to go find him. They immediately informed me that he was in New York City, near the Chrysler building. I took the Bleak Shore and arrived there.

There were a lot of people gathered at the buildings balcony. The Game Master, the Bloody Biker, a man in a lab coat, who I assume is the Scientist. Daniel, O'Zalia, Estren, and Malkator were all there. And then, there was the device. A large machine that reaked of eldritch energy. Malkator stood on the edge of the balcony, facing the device.

“What are you going to do?” I demanded.
“I'm going to put an end to the Game Master's plan,” he said. “When I had that vision the other day, I saw what this device is capable of. It's an eldritch bomb, which the Game Master plans to destroy the world with. But I can't let that happen.”

Malkator's tongues shot from his mouth, entangling the device and pulling it in. It shouldn't have been able to fit, but something happened to the universe surrounding Malkator (I'm assuming something to do with his mana), and the device twisted in a way that allowed his second mouth to consume it. Every one gasped.

“What did you do that for!?” Daniel yelled.
“My body is strong enough to restrain the explosion,” Malkator said. “You guys and the rest of the world will be safe from it.”
Daniel stepped forward. “But what about you?” he asked.
Malkator smiled, as tears fell from his eyes. “This isn't about me,” he said. “It never was. You're the hero of this story. Save the world.”

He jumped backwards, falling from the building. I pushed Daniel out of the way and jumped down after him. As I fell, I reached into my pack and pulled my whip out. I lassoed him around the waist with it, trying to save him. But it was too late. The bomb went off. The explosion consumed us both.

Malkator died. And I couldn't stop it.

I barely survived the explosion. My right arm was destroyed completely, and the rest of my body was severely damaged. It hurts just to type this.

But I had too. I had to get the word out. I had to tell you ungrateful worms what he sacrificed to save you all.

It's such a same. I guess the title was wrong. A new Fear will not be born.

2 comments:

  1. Shame, I rather liked Malkator or at least loved reading about his misadventures.
    Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one less fear to worry about. forgive me if I don't like competition.

    ReplyDelete