followers

Friday, August 17, 2012

The Game Master's Strongest Emissary

I slept in today. I woke up to a familiar voice. Reika. She was telling me I needed to get up. It took me a little while to realize it, but when I did I drew the pistol from under my pillow and pointed it straight at her face.

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.
"I just want to talk," the Archangel said, smiling evilly.
"What about?" I asked.
"It's about your friend Damien," it said.
"The Biker isn't my friend," I replied.
"Whatever," the Archangel said. "He's learned what he really is."
"The hell are you talking about?" I asked.
"You mean you haven't figured it out?" it asked. "Think for a minute. Who could have given him his memories back? Who could give him the power to survive the immense amount of eldritch energy infused to his body? Who could give him that kind of strength? Who wishes you dead more than anything else?"
"Aside from the Fears, there's only one other person I can think of," I replied.
"Yes?" it said.
"The Game Master," I said.
"Yes!" it proclaimed. "Damien is his emissary! The Bloody Biker is, and always has been, the Game Master's secret weapon, the ultimate tool he's been meaning to use against you!"
"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.
"You understand what the Game Master does with his emissaries, correct?" it asked. "He gives them power at a young age, and returns when they're older to recruit them. I thought I could do as the Convocation did with Andrew Miles and what the tall one did with Isaac O'Zalia. I thought I could make the Biker into my servant before the Game Master recruited him. But it didn't work out. He saw through my disguise. He betrayed me, and he was then taken away by the Game Master."
"So the two of them are working together now?" I asked.
"Yes," the Archangel replied. "And they both have one goal in mind; killing you."
"So I'm pretty much screwed, then?" I asked.
"Not quite," the Archangel said. "Follow me."

I followed it to the next room in my current hideout, and I was absolutely startled by what I saw.

The Slender Man, the Blind Man, HELLFIRE (now back in Estren's body where he belongs), Amy (Estren's new friend), and the Rake. Yes, the Rake was there.

"You see, all the beings before you are willing to assist you and help with the Game Master predicament," the Archangel said. "But we require your help with something as well. A being named Silvermist has escaped it's prison, and the Vision's power could prove useful to us."
"I'll think about it," I said, before leaving.

I need to fight the Game Master and Damien. That much is clear. But allying myself with the Fears? I don't know if I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment