followers

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pawns In The Grand Game

After I left the hideout earlier I went for a walk to clear my head. Probably would have went fine if He didn't tag along. I saw Slender Man on every street corner, just watching me. I decided to use the God's Way. Wound up a few towns over in Riverside. He was still there. Used the God's Way again, went to Austin Texas. He continued to follow. Used the God's Way a few more times. Florida, Cuba, Egypt, He continued to tail me. I used it one more time, and found myself on the giant H in Hollywood, on top of the middle part of the H. I leaned against the side part to rest. I'm starting to get used to the God's Way, but I've never used it this many times in a row. I was in a lot of pain. I looked to the side to see that he was still watching, right next to me this time.

"Why are you just following me!?" I demanded.
You need to give up on your search for the light, he said.
"Why!?" I asked.
Even with your heart so full of darkness, you're still to soft, He replied. You'll never be a Fear unless you give up light and embrace darkness. It's the reason your ancestral mother died. She opened up to a human, and allowed light in. It made her weak and vulnerable, and the Game Master took advantage of it.
"That's her problem," I said. "I don't need darkness to be strong, and I don't need to become a Fear either!"

It was then that I noticed the chessboard between the two of us. It was set up in an odd manner. The whites were facing me, and the blacks were on his side.

Do you know how to win this game? He asked.

I examined the pieces carefully. There was a way to place his king into check mate using my knight, but there was a catch. I'd have to move his queen out of the way, and in order to do that I'd need to give up a nearby pawn.

You see how the Great Game is played, He said. You can't protect the humans, eccentric chess player. You have to give up your pawns to place the enemies in check.

"There has to be a way," I said, examining the board. But no matter what pieces or strategies I thought of, Slender Man had set up the board so that I couldn't win without sacrificing my pawns.

Think about what you will do from here, He said. You're only hope of defeat our enemies is to embrace darkness and use the humans like the pawns they are.

He vanished. I was pissed, so I ax kicked the board and broke it in have. I can't accept that he was right. There has to be a way I can turn the Grand Game around and help the humans win. There has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment