followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Serpent's Ultimatum


This isn't good. Daniel and I split up up to find information on Silvermist. Guess who I ran into?

The Mother Of Snakes.

I absentmindedly glanced into a mirror, and there she was.

“Hello again, Demi-God,” she said to me. I glanced around. We were alone. The other people in that store were suddenly gone.
“what do you want?” I asked.
“You already know,” she said.
“I'm not giving in,” I said stubbornly.
“Are you sure?” she said. “You seem to be rather close to the edge.”
“I'm not there yet,” I said. “And I don't plan on getting any closer.”
“Oh really?” she asked. She passed through the mirror and raised herself so that we were face to face. I stayed still. I wasn't going to show fear. “Do you intend to resist the darkness forever?”
“I'll resist as long as I have to,” I said.
She sighed. “Whatever you say,” she said. “You'll give in eventually.” She began melting back into the mirror.
“And what makes you so sure of that?” I asked.
“You cannot stop the darkness,” she said. “No one can.”
“I intend to prove you wrong,” I told her.
“You can try,” she said. All of her except her face had returned to the mirror.“In the meantime, There's something I want you to do.”
“Why would I do anything for you?” I asked.
“Because we're after the same thing,” she said. “The destruction of Silvermist. It has infected one of my children. I want you to destroy Silvermist, and free my child from its control.”
“And what incentive do I have to save your Lilim?” I asked.
“Simple,” she said. “Either you do it, or I kill every one close to you.”

She melted all the way back into the mirror and vanished. I heard people. I looked around and saw that the other people who were in the store before had returned. I checked my watch. No time had passed at all.

This isn't good. How am I gonna destroy Silvermist without killing its host? Even killing the host isn't a guaranteed way of killing a Dying Man. I could try tearing it from its host's body, but I'd have to seal it inside myself. And I've already had a Dying Man inside me before. HELLFIRE was able to control me almost completely before, and since the darkness inside of me has increased so much since then, I don't think I can resist the control of another Dying Man piece.

HELLFIRE, I know you don't like Silvermist. And Liar... well, I honestly have know idea how you feel about Silvermist, but if either of you know a solution to this, I'd be glad to hear it. Although, You'll probably tell me to let it possess me. Whatever. I need to think of a way out of this, and if possible, I'd like to avoid resorting to that.

5 comments:

  1. I can't pretend to care about all the others.

    Silvermist seems to be the only other one to identify as female though so...

    I should probably take an interest in things like that...

    As for what you can do?

    If there was a way to remove the dying man from a host without killing the host why would I let this knowledge be known? I may not like The other Dying Man pieces but I still am one myself. We're not going to reveal our weaknesses.

    Of course you could always try and convince her to leave the host somehow. Maybe try and strike a deal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with The Liar, why would we give you our weakness? INSANITY is probably the only one of us who would do such a thing out of sheer stupidity.

      ~The Coward

      Delete
  2. HELLFIRE---

    WELL, IF NEITHER OF THEM WILL TELL YOU OF THE QUITE OBVIOUS SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM, I SUPPOSE I HAVE TO. THE ONLY WAY TO GET SILVERMIST OUT OF THE LILIM GIRL WITHOUT KILLING HER IS TO GIVE SILVERMIST A MORE... VALUABLE HOST. YOU SHOULD KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN BY THIS. YOU HAVE TO LET SILVERMIST IN. YOU ARE PART FEAR, AND EVEN WITH ALL THE DARKNESS IN YOUR HEART, A DYING MAN WOULD HAVE MUCH DIFFICULTY TAKING OVER YOUR BODY. I CAN'T GUARANTEE YOU'LL BE ABLE TO MAINTAIN CONTROL FOREVER, THOUGH.

    HOWEVER, IF SOMEONE WERE TO KILL YOU WHILE YOU HAD SILVERMIST SEALED INSIDE OF YOU.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's not quite what he asked. Pretty sure he specified he didn't want to take her in.

      Although it would probably also be included in my suggestion of making a deal.

      Delete
    2. I honestly didn't think you were this stupid HELLFIRE. I was thinking that you were better than the rest but your just another INSANITY.

      Delete