followers

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

EAT

Our first stop was in the swamps of Florida, where part of EAT was active. EAT was involved in the previous ten plagues, so we decided to try and get to her before the Shadow Man did.

We were almost immediately attacked by Camper alligators. Yes, you read that right. Camper. Alligators. Crow managed to kill them all by zapping the water, but he ended up shocking me in the process.

I woke up half an hour later to see him and this other guy standing over me. It didn't take me long to figure out who the other guy was.

"So your finally conscious," the Camper said. "In that case, we can discuss the current situation."
"Would you mind telling us what the Camper-gators were about?" I asked, slowly getting to my feet.
"Safety precaution," the Camper said. "We were unsure whether you meant to attack or bargain."
"We need to know who's side you're on," Crow said.
"We are on neither side," the Camper said. "However, we acknowledge that the Shadow Man must be stopped."
"So you already know about him?" I asked.
"We have noticed his activities," the Camper said. "He is seeking out the Heralds Of The Plagues, as well as the other Fears, so that he can bring about an apocalypse. As a being of knowledge, We cannot let this happen. He have observed events such as this countless times, and the results are never beneficial to us."
"So you'll help us?" I asked.
"We will do what we can," it said. "But this does not make us allies. We know that you have yet to give up your hopeless dream of eliminating the Fears, and therefore we are still enemies. But for now, as we share a common enemy, we must work together."
"Crow, can you and your feathered friends go away for a bit?" I asked. "There's something I need to asked EAT about."
"Fine," he said, allowing Alexander to carry him off.
"What is it you want to know?" the Camper asked.
"You're a being of knowledge," I said. "So does that mean you know anything about mana?"
"We do, in fact," it said.
"How do I find it?" I asked.
"Mana exists on the second layer of reality," it said.
"The second layer?" I asked. "Is that like a domain?"
"No," it said. "Domains exist parallel to the normal world. The alternate layers are different. There are at least 16 known layers. The first two are the only safe ones."
"I'm assuming you us the word 'safe' loosely," I replied.
"True," it said. "The first layer, where we are now, and the second layer, where mana can be found, are both dangerous places. But the layers after those are places which one should never tread."
"How do I get to the second layer?" I asked.
"As long as you are aware of the second layers existence, it is only a matter of location," it said. "You need to find a place where the wall between layers is thin. Then, you simply have to want to be there."
"I don't have to click my heels together, do I?" I asked sarcastically.
"Of course not," it said.
"So how do I know if I'm in a place where the wall is thin?" I asked.
"Your eyes should be able to see these areas," it told me. "The atmosphere will be different than normal."
"Why are you telling me all this?" I asked. "You seem awfully fine with giving your enemy information that will make them stronger."
"Because it is a fool's errand you are going on," it said. "The second layer is dangerous, as we said. You will likely die if you go there. And even if you do succeed and acquire mana, it is a force few can handle. Mana affects the mind in ways that even most Fears cannot equal. Mana users become dark, twisted versions of themselves. Even the Ace Of Chaos, the most skill user of mana, was unable to maintain complete sanity. The reason we are telling you how to find mana, is because we are confident that you cannot use it. You will not grow stronger. You will destroy yourself from the inside out."

And that was about the point I got pissed off and left. I don't understand. Why would my ancestral father help me regain self control if he was only going to have me seek a power that would cause me to lose it again?

I'm going to keep searching for it. Maybe I'll figure out what the Ace Of Chaos's intentions are if I can find that stuff.



Also, at Tiger. Whoever you are, your last comment confused me a bit. If there's something you want to discuss privately with me, I can be contacted at bmalkator@gmail.com



Anyway, I have to go now. I plan to post a detail description of all of the known Fears soon. Til then, goodbye.

6 comments:

  1. My comment was relevant to a message I sent to your account on here. I assume it never arrived.
    I will be emailing you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email was sent. I do hope it arrived without ... incident or problem. Hehe. (This joke is one you'll only get once reading the email).

      Delete
  2. Your father obviously thought you could handle the affects of mana. That of course is doubtful. I would have more of a chance of being released from the EAT'S hive-mind before I proved myself.

    ~Camper Iota

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timberwolf SeraphaelOctober 24, 2012 at 1:01 PM

      Hmph. I highly doubt you would be able to escape EAT's hive mind without a mind to fight back against. Campers. All blundering idiots stumbling blindly for their master.

      How foolish. Unlike us Timberwolves.

      Delete
    2. ...
      ...
      ...

      That statement showed how stupid you are I will not even dignify it with a counter argument.

      Delete
    3. Heh Waterballoons and Death Puppies.

      My two favourite servants...

      Favourite to pick on that is.

      Mindless soggy losers and powerless pricks.

      It's just so easy.

      Delete