followers

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Coming To Collect

Crow showed up in front of me as I was traveling. Apparently, the Convocation's been keeping track of my movements.

"What are you up to?" he asked me.
"Looking for something," I said. "None of your business, really."
"You still owe the Convocation," he said. "And they've decided it's time for you to repay your debt."
"I don't really have time for this," I told him. "Can't this wait?"
"I don't think the imminent destruction of all mankind is gonna wait for you to finish whatever the hell your up to," he said.
"What's this about the destruction of mankind?" I asked.
"There a guy," he said. "He's crazy. Wants to recreate the 10 plagues, only on a larger scale. And what's worse, he's got the Nightlanders, the Black Dog, and the Burning Bride on his side."

I shuddered. I can't forget my encounter with her when I was a child.

"And the Convocation wants to stop this guy?" I asked.
"They were involved in the first instance of the plagues," he said. "They say that it was catastrophic enough. If the world were to be consumed by the plagues, they'd run out of prey."
"Your terrible at wording things to convince people to join your side," I said.
"Whatever," he said. "They demand your assistance. They won't give you a choice in this."
"So refusal isn't an option, then?" I asked.
"Nope," he said. "They'll gladly accept your life as payment if you refuse to join us."
I sighed. "Fine, but after this we go back to being enemies, okay?" I said.
"Sounds like a plan," he said.

I know this is stupid, working with the Convocation, but they aren't giving me an option. Besides, it's for the good of the world. And hopefully I'll be able to find some mana while I'm doing this...

1 comment:

  1. Please check your messages, Malkator.
    Reply to the maxhallam email provided, please.

    ReplyDelete